Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
RFE/RL is seeking a skilled Project Financial Analyst to oversee grant and internal financial analysis with a focus on tracking and managing project level spending. As a Project Financial Analyst, you will collaborate closely with RFE/RL Budget Owners, company partners, and key members of the finance management team to ensure the coordination and execution of financial operations. This is a project focused, business partnering role that will report to the Budget Director.
What you’ll work on and accomplish:
- Lead the monthly review , analysis and reporting of projects as part of the cyclical close process, in close coordination with project level Budget Owners, with a focus on proactive budget clarity and driver bases variance analysis
- Streamline project set up processes and ensure proper classification of project level expenditures
- Lead the formulation of cyclical project level forecasts and annual budgeting and analysis in close partnership with project level Budget Owners, Finance Business Partners and other key stakeholders
- Participate in various process improvement initiatives and documentation of project level policies and procedures
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on project level financial analysis and accounting, as well as 2+ years of related experience interacting with budget owners and senior managers
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient in Microsoft office with expertise in Excel
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical abilities
- Proven ability managing projects and establishing priorities
- Ability to build credibility and partner with culturally and linguistically diverse stakeholders
- Self-starter with a track record of high performance work both independently and as a member of a team
- PeopleSoft and Oracle ERP experience preferred
- Proficient in English
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: to promote democratic values and freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (Multisport card, 13 sick days, 5 weeks’ vacation, public transport contribution, supplementary pension insurance, life insurance, in-house language courses, professional training, meal allowance)
- Modern work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near Želivského metro station
- Hybrid work environment that allows for a mix of remote work and in-office presence
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted. Cover letters are required and, yes, we do read them.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
To learn more about us please refer to our web pages: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.