Senior Accountant at RFE/RL
Location: Washington, DC
Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where free press is threatened, and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
Are you an experienced accounting professional with direct experience managing US Federal Financial Awards and looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity? Look no further! We are currently seeking a dedicated Grant Accountant to join our team in Washington, DC. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager in our DC office, this role offers the chance to oversee and manage approximately $150 million in federal grants and sub-grant awards. Preparing monthly and annual SF-425 financial reports and funding request letters is essential to the job. If you're ready to take on a pivotal role in financial oversight and reporting, keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Those interested may expect:
- Hybrid work schedule
- 25 vacation days, 13 sick days annual accrual, 12 paid holidays annually (on average)
- Fitness/Wellness allowance and Public transportation allowance
- Strong benefit package comprehensive health, dental, vision & life insurance plan
- STD - Short-Term Disability benefits & LTD - Long-Term Disability benefits
- RSP - Retirement Savings Plan with generous Company contribution/match
- Multinational diverse work environment
- Training/Development Programs
- Newly renovated offices in a convenient downtown office location with parking (Dupont Circle vicinity)
- Work with a purpose, remarkable colleagues, a mission that matters
What you’ll accomplish:
- Oversee and manage primary federal grants and sub-grants totaling approximately $150 million.
- Set up new supplemental grants and ensure compliance with grant terms and internal policies.
- Prepare journal entries to allocate expenses, recognize grant revenue, and track currency gains and losses.
- Reconcile grant project expenses, revenue, and award funding.
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partners to review project budgets, create financial statements, and track funding availability.
- Prepare regular reports for Federal Government Agencies and donors as award terms specify.
- Assist with audits and assessments, ensuring compliance with RFE/RL policies and federal grant regulations.
- Serve as the finance liaison with US federal government agencies.
- Manage restricted and unrestricted funds and carry out grant closing activities.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Finance preferred; Master’s degree or CPA highly desirable.
- Relevant accounting experience with senior-level responsibilities.
- Previous experience with non-profit accounting and US Federal Financial Awards.
- Proficiency in using professional corporate ERP software and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact professionally with diverse partners.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Uniform Guidance, particularly 2CFR200.
If you're ready to take the next step in your accounting career, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you fit this role perfectly.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. In some cases, if selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.