Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
The RFE/RL team is looking for an experienced and talented part-time Regional (Bureau) Finance Officer (20 hrs/week) to be responsible for the financial administration and office management of our office in Podgorica.
As a trusted member of the Regional Finance & Operations team, you will provide efficient and reliable financial and administrative management of the office, help to ensure compliance with local legislation as well as our policies and procedures, and respond to requests from other departments and local authorities.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Manage bureau finances, including accounting and payroll, engage and supervise the work of outside payroll service, supervise work of outside accounting agency;
- You will be responsible for cash management and maintaining bank accounts according to RFE/RL standards ensuring maintaining bureau operations;
- Ensure timely payments for vendor payables, payroll, payroll taxes and any other payments required of the bureau and its employees by law; maintain financial records including collection and retention of all receipts and payment orders;
- Ensure accurate, timely reporting of bureau accounts and all financial transactions to the appropriate local authorities, as well as to the relevant departments internally;
- Maintain the inventory of company property etc;
- Support leadership on financial, reporting issues and travel;
- Arrange for the local purchase of equipment & liaise with suppliers;
- Assist in recruitment and perform various HR activities, such as new hire orientation, contract administration etc.;
- Stay abreast of relevant local legislation (finance, labor, and other bureau related), and informs the local and headquarters management of relevant changes;
- Cooperate with legal and procurement dep-ts, lase with local authorities, legal consultants and other professional bodies; negotiate leases and liaise with the landlord(s), negotiate local service contracts as needed;
- Cooperate with the Headquarters on business travel for local personnel, security and safety issues, mailing and shipping etc..
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education,
- Experience in office management/business administration,
- Experience in accounting/payroll is a plus
- Customer-oriented (internal & external) and friendly approach to work, good communication skills,
- Knowledge of local legislation,
- End-user knowledge of MS Office,
- Ability to learn new systems and applications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and prioritize multiple tasks,
- Dependability, accuracy, attention to detail & ability to work under deadlines, and to maintain strict confidentiality
- Working knowledge of English language; ideally fluent, at minimum intermediate level, Broadcast region language - native level
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Primarily remote work schedule
- Flexible working hours
More about us:
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.