We are looking for Bureau Finance Officer to be responsible for the financial administration of the RFE/RL bureau in Riga. You will ensure the best possible financial and operational support to the bureau leadership and staff in their efforts to carry out the RFE/RL mission. You will be responsible for the efficient and reliable financial management of the office., for helping to ensure compliance with local legislation and RFE/RL policies and procedures, and for reporting and responding to requests from Regional Finance & Operations and other departments as well as from statutory bodies. You will report to the Manager, Regional Finance & Operations as well as working closely with the Head of RFE/RL Representative Office.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
- Responsible for all aspects of bureau financial management, including accounting and payroll
- Supervises the work of outside payroll service
- Where applicable, engages and supervises work of outside accounting agency
- Accountable for the cash management function of the bureau and for maintaining bank accounts according to RFE/RL standards.
- Communicates with the Regional Finance Officer at HQ about funding requirements, ensuring that the bureau has adequate cash on hand to maintain operations.
- Ensures timely payments for vendor payables, payroll, payroll taxes and any other payments required of the bureau and its employees by law.
- Maintains all financial records including collection and retention of all receipts and payment orders.
- Ensures accurate, timely reporting of bureau accounts and all financial transactions to the appropriate local government and/or other legislative authorities, as well as to the relevant departments of RFE/RL.
- Works with the Regional Finance Officer to provide clear, accurate and timely financial information regularly with appropriate support documentation.
- Maintains the inventory of company property, as well as recording and processing the disposal of used or replaced property as instructed by Office Services Department at HQ.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with regards to HR and Finance issues of bureau office operations and its staff, particularly salaries and vendor payments.
- Supports the bureau and Service leadership on issues relating to purchasing, payroll, government reporting and travel.
- Arranges for the local purchase of equipment, liaises with suppliers and supports procurement processes where needed.
- If applicable, may supervise the work of administrative bureau staff coordinating closely with Manager, RFO.
- Stays abreast of relevant local legislation (finance, labor, and other bureau related), and informs the bureau and HQ management of relevant changes in a timely manner.
- Liaises with local authorities, legal consultants, and other professional bodies to ensure compliance with the statutory requirements of the law coordinating closely with the management, RFO and Legal Dept.
- Where applicable, supports negotiation of leases and service contracts.
- Ensures all spending is in accordance with RFE/RL policies, including adherence to the requirements of US government grantees.
- Participates in the development of RFE/RL Bureau policies and procedures and help implement them in the bureau.
- Ensures that bureau financial documents conform to internal guidelines and other relevant provisions.
OTHER BUREAU SUPPORT
- Maintains operational liaison with other RFE/RL personnel (RFO, Human Resources, Office Services, Security, etc.).
- Is familiar with RFE/RL’s language service operation in Prague, and is capable to respond to enquiries about it.
- In day-to-day contact with the public, represents the bureau and the service in a helpful, polite manner, enhancing its reputation.
- Actively contributes to a positive, supportive working environment.
- Fosters open communication between the broadcasting and the administrative sides of the bureau’s operation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting/Finance.
- Experience in office management/business administration,
- Experience in accounting/payroll
- Understands and meets customers’ (internal/external) needs in a helpful way,
- Knowledge of the bureau country legislation,
- End-user knowledge of MS Office Suite,
- Ability to learn new systems and applications,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and prioritize multiple tasks,
- Dependability, accuracy, attention to detail & ability to work under pressure,
- Interpersonal and communication skills, incl. discretion,
- Ability to work in a team.
- Latvian language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.