- Assists the Compensation and Benefits Manager with the implementation and integrity of RFE/RL Czech and expatriate compensation programs to ensure internal compensation equity and also market competitiveness to ensure RFE/RL's ability to attract highly qualified candidates, and with setting pay scales, benefits, international allowances and compensation rules for all employee groups in all RFE/RL locations.
- Reviews, develops and maintains Bureau salary structures, monitoring market and other changes in those countries.
- Supports the job evaluation process, preparing review documents for the HR Director and Job Evaluation Committee and following up on approved changes.
- Oversees salary administration to include processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on salaried employees such as adjustments to maintain up-to-date records.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and monitors on an international basis the regulatory, financial, tax and accounting issues that impact compensation and benefits practices, and in US keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation and benefit laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field or completion of a certificate program in compensation (such as Certified Compensation Professional) or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Minimum 4 years progressively responsible experience in HR and/or compensation administration required.
- Mathematical aptitude, analytical skills and strong planning, project management and coordination skills
- Knowledge to ensure existing compensation and benefits are in compliance with local government labor regulations, as well as how they relate to company policies and operations
- Demonstrated detail-oriented and systems approach and ability to accurately process billings and other detail-requiring work
- Good organizational skills, confidence to work independently but be a strong team player with reliable judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment often under stress and tight deadlines and ability to work on multiple tasks at once and set priorities
- Solid working knowledge of PeopleSoft (or other ERP) structures, PS Query and general system design; ability and willingness to expand existing knowledge
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Czech.
- Ability to work in Russian an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.