Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
Our Benefits Administration team helps employees take advantage of the generous benefit system available at RFE/RL. We are in daily contact with employees, answering their inquiries and helping them understand available benefits. At the same time, we run the benefits back office, which includes preparing regular reports, billing, audits and payroll materials. Besides that, we arrange annual events, e.g. – corporate Health Days or a flu vaccination. There is a lot of variety, responsibility and fun in what we do.
We are now looking for a fifth team member to join our friendly and pro-active team.
As a Benefits Administration Assistant, you will:
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as printing, filing, mailing and archiving
- Collect forms, enter and verify employee benefit data in our HR database
- Answer employees’ questions via email, MS Teams or in person, escalating to senior team members or to managers when necessary
- Assist with enrolling employees into benefit programs such as life and health insurance, retirement savings, transportation allowance or Multisport
- Ensure departing employees’ benefits are terminated in HR databases
- Prepare booklets, posters, promo materials and intranet content
- Put together regular and ad hoc reports
- Take part in organizing events such as Health Days or Benefit Educational Days
- Participate in many other Benefit Team’s activities
For this role you should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience
- Be a people person
- Be organized, detail-oriented and pro-active
- Have advanced organizational recordkeeping skills, including databases, preferably PeopleSoft, SAP or similar
- Have advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP is a must)
- Speak and write fluently in both English and Czech
- Enjoy working with numbers and be able to follow deadlines
- Be able to work both independently as well as a part of the team
- Be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
What can you expect in return?
- Friendly, open-minded and knowledgeable colleagues
- Opportunity to grow within the HR team
- Regular training opportunities
- Generous benefits: 5 weeks of vacation, 13 days of paid sick leave, contributions to pension fund, Multisport card, meal and transportation allowance, life insurance, summer allowance, free language lessons, doctor’s office on site and more…
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter (in English)!
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.