The Human Resources Specialist provides the first line of customer service support by communicating with employees, departments, administrators, applicants and the public for the purpose of providing information and assistance concerning employment and other related matters. The incumbent carries out many routine tasks independently while working under the supervision of one or two HR Manager(s) or Sr. HR Manager(s) and supports her/him, primarily with recruitment and selection, job descriptions, induction, and the development and processing of employment agreements and amendments and related record updates.
- Works closely with HR Managers and clients in crafting and posting vacancy or position announcements/advertisements. Creates requisitions for services and coordinates payment of invoices and related invoices. When required may coordinate and engage with external recruitment agencies.
- Assists HR Managers with scheduling appointments for interviews (including travel arrangements). Upon request completes reference checks for short-listed candidates. Ensures necessary information and data from potential and new hires is obtained prior to interviewing and testing (including employment applications, copies of passports, CVs and other employment-related documentation).
- Upon agreement with HR Manager may assist with pre-selection of candidates by conducting initial applicant CV screening and telephone interviews as well as holding 1st round interviews for entry level or selected positions.
- Works closely with the HR Managers in organizing and facilitating induction for new or reassigned employees, including liaison with other departments such as security, and delivery of induction sessions, as requested.
- Maintains Jobs and related databases ensuring they are complete and up-to-date, including appropriate responses to candidates.
- Prepares employment agreements, offer letters, agreement changes, addendums (extension notices, transfers, promotions, and other change actions) for the HR Manager(s) Client Groups
- Enters Requests for Personnel Actions into PeopleSoft (new hires, promotions, extensions, assignments, data change, probationary period reports) for HR Managers, as requested. And maintains PS database updated.
- Assists with termination/checkout procedures to ensure they are completed at termination and all documents/forms are in place for the terminated employees.
- Prepares employment agreements and agreement changes for Bureau employees and contractors, RPAs for Bureau staff and updates Peoplesoft and Netsuite database.
- Reports new hires and terminations to the health insurance companies and social security offices.
- Creates employee personnel file and all related maintenance and recordkeeping (hard copy and electronic) for staff in client groups, and notifies appropriate departments of new employees.
- Prepares confirmation letters for employees.
- Coordinates special projects upon request; performs other related duties assigned, and covers for other HR Specialists in vacation or busy periods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field or completion of a certificate program in HR administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
Minimum 4 years progressively responsible experience in HR and/or benefits administration required.
- Must be flexible to occasionally upgrade skills and knowledge and be open to training and development in order to meet changing objectives and job conditions.
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage work independently and in a team environment, utilizing a high degree of professionalism, autonomy, and maturity in working with customers, peers, and managers required.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgment in interactions with people. Must have tact and diplomacy at a professional level to deal with sensitive information and issues.
- Positive demeanor and highly dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service commitment.
- Knowledge of Czech, U.S. and/or International human resources regulations and practices.
- High level of organizational recordkeeping skills, including databases, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Czech.
- Proficiency in Russian – highly preferred.
*Please respond in English.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.