The purpose of the RFE/RL Internship program is to offer meaningful work experience for university students and recent graduates in order to support RFE/RL's mission by providing independent journalism experience to young people from our broadcast regions, who will return to their countries to practice good journalism, assist RFE/RL's outreach efforts, and provide interns an opportunity to develop their skills through practical experience, thus increasing their prospects for employment. RFE/RL offers a limited number of places for interns, which are filled subject to the current needs of our divisions and departments. Interns should expect to devote at least three months to their RFE/RL experience, subject to renewal. When applying, please specify the concrete division where you would like to intern. Also please refer to the general Jobs page to see if there are any specific internship opportunities available.
Divisions/Departments with internship opportunities:
- Broadcasting Division (Central Newsroom, Language Services, etc.)
- Communications Team
- Finance Division
- Operations Division (Human Resources, Technology, etc.)
- Office of the President
- Persons eligible for an internship with RFE/RL: University students or recent graduates.
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- Working experience in the desired field of expertise is not necessarily required, but knowledge of one of RFE/RL's 26 broadcast languages is a major advantage.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.