If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
RFE/RL Internship Program offers meaningful work experience for university students and recent graduates in order to:
- Support RFE/RL's mission by providing independent journalism experience to young people from our broadcast regions, who will return to their countries to practice impactful journalism.
- Assist RFE/RL's outreach efforts.
- Provide interns an opportunity to develop their skills through practical experience, thus increasing their prospects for employment.
RFE/RL offers a limited number of placements for interns, which are filled subject to the current needs of our divisions and departments. As such, interns should expect to devote at least three months to their RFE/RL experience, subject to renewal. However, interns seeking full-time, intensive internships for a shorter duration are also considered.
Interns can support the work of the following Divisions/Departments within RFE/RL:
- News Division (Language Services, Current Time, Multimedia)
- External Affairs, Legal
- Operations Division (Information Technology, Broadcast Operations, Broadcast Engineering, Digital News Archive, Pangea Digital, etc.)
- Innovation & Audience Engagement (Audience and Growth, News Products, Marketing, RFE/RL Academy, etc.)
Requirements & Considerations
- Applicants must be university students or recent graduates (up to one year post graduation).
- Applicants must have a good working knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- Working experience in the desired field of expertise is not necessarily required, but knowledge of one of RFE/RL's 26 broadcast languages is a major advantage.
- An awareness of current affairs, especially those concerning RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.