Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is hiring a Digital Product Manager to join our News Products department to develop, implement and assess plans, processes and strategies to meet audiences needs and improve engagement and usability on RFE/RL’s owned distribution platforms increasing the language services’ long-term impact in target markets.
Working in a non-profit organization and helping our stories to reach audiences more efficiently, you will contribute to RFE/RL’s mission – spreading unbiased news where independent media are banned by the government or not yet established.
We are looking for experience in digital journalism and product management, strong user empathy and audience-centric mindset.
What does the role entail?
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Propose, prototype, launch, adapt and assess processes for developing news products, integrating distribution and promotion strategies while improving production workflows.
- Advise on the use of tools and tactics – informed by data, industry best practices and ruled by editorial priorities – to increase the number of users, their level of engagement, and their propensity to return to RFE/RL as their reliable source of news.
- Lead and guide cross-functional project teams to align editorial, technical, analytical, and marketing operations for digital news products.
- Develop and optimize data-driven digital strategies to build strong relationships with audiences in target markets.
- Assist and mentor journalists to help advance language services’ impact on all digital platforms, esp. social media (incl. advertising and branding efforts).
- Monitor the news media industry for innovative approaches to products, platforms and processes.
- Review and give feedback on products and processes, collaborate on planning and executing training on changes in the digital media landscape, tools and best practices.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience in digital journalism and 3+ years of product management experience, incl. roadmaps, testing and User feedback and acting in consensus-facilitating role
- Familiarity with best practices, rules, and industry standards in agile product management, iterative development processes and design thinking.
- Proven ability to launch and develop news products, strong knowledge of digital news production and distribution
- Strong knowledge of editorial SEO and how to use data to make informed publishing decisions
- History of mentoring and training of journalists
- Availability to travel
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred
- Proficiency in English (other relevant target region languages preferred)
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (Multisport card, 13 sick days, 5 weeks’ vacation, public transport contribution, supplementary pension insurance, life insurance, in-house language courses, professional training, meal allowance)
- Modern work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near Želivského metro station
- Hybrid work environment that allows for a mix of remote work and in-office presence
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.
To learn more about us please refer to our web page: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.