Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
RFE/RL is looking for an Innovation Management professional to facilitate the development and maintenance of the Digital Innovation Lab. You will design services aimed at aiding journalists in their efforts to engage audiences in 21 countries. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to proactively address issues and create solutions for how to best deliver an exceptional user experience. The ideal candidate places exceptional value on collaboration and strives to continually improve our work efforts. You will be responsible for spearheading an adoption of RFE/RL’s values and practices in order to drive creative ways of engaging audiences and deliver broader access to public debate in our target countries.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Work closely with managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Collaborate effectively in an agile development environment, participate in code reviews, and provide constructive feedback
- Implement best practices in consistent and sustainable software engineering: writing unit tests, conduct integration testing, and troubleshoot and debug application issues
- Design, develop, and maintain both front-end and back-end components of web applications
- Design and develop server-side applications, APIs, and databases using various programming languages and frameworks
- Develop and optimize database schemas, write efficient queries, and ensure data consistency. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases is essential
- Participate in the architectural design and decision-making processes, contributing to scalable and maintainable solutions
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a Full-Stack engineer, DevOps engineer, or similar role
- 2+ years experience in modern cloud infrastructure and orchestration environments: Azure, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- University degree in relevant field
- Back-End Skills: Strong understanding of server-side development languages and frameworks (Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java, etc.). Familiarity with building and consuming RESTful APIs and working with databases
- Database Knowledge: Solid understanding of database design principles and experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Linux Operating System configuration and tuning, package management
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Thinking: Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical challenges and propose innovative solutions
- Team Collaboration: Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Software Development Best Practices: Familiarity with software development methodologies, version control systems (Git), and agile development processes. Experience with testing frameworks and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Adaptability and Learning Mindset: Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and learn new technologies quickly, as well as a passion for continuous learning and staying updated with industry trends
- Proficient in English
- Knowledge of other RFE/RL target languages desirable
- International and friendly working environment
- Numerous courses and instructions for professional development
- Life and health insurance as of first working day
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted. Cover letters are required, and yes, we do read them!
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To learn more about us please refer to our web page: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.