RFE/RL is looking for an IT Security Analyst. It is an exciting opportunity to contribute to RFE/RL’s mission by supporting the security operation of key digital assets, hardening, enhancing, and defining the proper strategies to keep IT operations and data safe. So, if you are a hands-on IT Security Analyst with incident focus that could provide analysis capability to RFE/RL IT Security, please let us know!
- Analyze security incidents and help design ways to prevent similar problems in the future.
- Prevent and detect IT platforms intrusion and abuse.
- Provide risk evaluations reports & escalations.
- Drive & maintain vulnerability lifecycle, security posture and perspective.
- Anticipate information security risks.
- Work closely with other team members to implement and enforce security practices.
- Improve information security policies & procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University Degree (ideally in the Information Technology or similar)
- Security Certifications: GCIH, GSOC, GCFR, or equivalent are considered an advantage
- 1-3 years of experience of conducting cyber security practices.
- Experience with driving information security initiatives in an international environment.
- Experience in coordinating and maintaining application security best practices, vulnerability management, antivirus, and antimalware tools.
- Practical know-how and expertise with Linux, Microsoft operating systems and Azure cloud environment are considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of cyber security topics and willingness to further develop the expertise in IT security.
- Excellent analytical, autodidactic, and problem-solving abilities required (especially if incomplete information is provided).
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Natural motivation to integrate in multidisciplinary international IT teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and teams.
- Standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize in the queue.
- Team oriented, with the ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- English is a must, Czech great to have.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.