Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking for an IT Security Architect. Reporting to the IT Security Director, and closely cooperating with another IT Security Architect, the position will interact with the IT, Network, Broadcast Engineering, and other technology departments, and will be responsible for design and architecture of IT security aspects of various RFE/RL information systems and technology solutions as well as for checking that provided services are set up with high security standards. Additionally, the role will participate in reviewing current security measures, identify weaknesses, recommend enhancements, and contribute to the overall information security continuous monitoring program.
- Play a vital role in designing IT security architecture and ensuring compliance with RFE/RL security policies.
- Review systems and processes, identify threats, and propose appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
- Stay updated with the latest security and privacy trends and standards.
- Experience in designing IT security solutions and measures within an organization.
- Knowledge of IT security principles, risk management, protocols, authentication, and security solutions and technologies in cloud and on-premises in general.
- Experience with cloud platforms and solutions such as Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Proficiency in English with effective communication skills is essential and knowledge of Czech or other languages is a plus.
- A university degree in IT or a related technical field is preferred, and IT security relevant certifications are appreciated.
What we offer:
- Unique workplace with a meaningful mission: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us.
- Opportunity to use your IT security expertise to support that mission.
- Friendly, inclusive working team.
- Employment benefits (5 weeks of vacation, 13 sick days, Retirement Savings Contribution Plan, Fitness Benefit, Meal Allowance, Public Transport Contribution, Life Insurance, Language Courses, Summer Allowance, Medical Care on Premises).
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.