RFE/RL is looking for an IT Business Analyst. It is a unique opportunity to contribute to RFE/RL’s mission by supporting its IT department by interacting with stakeholders and business users to determine business requirements and transform them into IT solutions. So, if you are a hands-on IT Business Analyst with a proven experience IT business analysis and if you care about RFE/RL mission, please let us know!
- Create specifications for company internal business SW applications
- Interview business users to understand system requirements,
- Conduct analysis of business and user needs, document the requirements, and translate them into functional system requirements.
- Create detailed specification documents that accurately reflect business requirements.
- Serve as a point of contact and bridge between the customer and the technical team (service provider).
- Walk users through a “storyboard” that will demonstrate how the system will function before development begins.
- Create relevant documentation, including user stories/use cases, wireframes, screen mockups, process flow documents, and data flow diagrams.
- Create user guide documents, document processes, and keep the documentation up to date.
- Make sure that processes follow the GDPR regulations.
- Perform initial training for users during the new applications implementation.
- Quality Assurance
- Review IT services provided to internal customers, and ensure they meet their business needs.
- Work with the development team to identify and fix bugs.
- Continuously review the extent to which the IT service management system meets business needs; help ensure adequate technology, procedures and resources are in place to support the IT service management.
- Recommend IT processes optimization and corrections.
- Application testing
- Prepare test scripts to be used by users in their testing part of the developed applications.
- Perform testing of the developed applications.
- Work with users on their testing part of the developed application and manage the test results.
- Manage documentation related to business applications and to process management, and keep it updated.
- Create necessary GDPR documentation (in cooperation with Data Protection office).
- Help others to follow the technical documentation standards.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Preferably a university degree (ideally in the Information Technology or similar).
- Experience in IT business analysis - 2-5 years, ideally in IT of a mid/large size organization.
- Experience with working in a multicultural or a multinational environment.
- Knowledge of IT business analysis practices and standards.
- Ability to create functional requirements using a standardized template.
- Ability to anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Very good end-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of complex systems, ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients.
- ITIL service management knowledge and skills.
- Team oriented, with the ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- English is a must, Czech great to have.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.