Journalism Trainer, Tbilisi provides editorial and multiplatform skill training to the RFE/RL staff in Tbilisi, Georgia. They monitor training needs for Georgian, Azerbaijan and Armenian language services and for the other journalists, based in Tbilisi bureau. They organize regular online/face to face Hub training for journalists from the above language Services in Georgian, English, and Russian. They monitor the effectiveness of delivered training by regularly reviewing the content of the above languages. Journalism Trainer, Tbilisi looks for new innovative ways to deliver training to staff as well as key points to freelancers. They contribute by a regular blog to the RFERL Training Website and work with other trainers, editors, producers at RFE/RL, design and deliver online and offline workshops.
- Trains journalists
- Monitor the effectiveness of delivered training
- Designs training sessions based on the production team’s needs and specifications
- Lead individual and group training sessions
- Provides other admin or production support as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
BA degree in communications or journalism or certificate in media studies desirable. Lower-level education acceptable if candidate possesses relevant experience.
- Solid experience in digital/multi-platform journalism.
- At least 3 years’ experience in training, mandatory.
- Knowledge and skills to produce cross-platform content.
- Proven training experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary for training others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Verification skills, open source, syber security.
- Knowledge of RFE/RL platforms, digital techniques, and new tools.
- Strong editorial and technical skills for designing practical workshops.
- Patience and the ability to multi-task while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet a deadline and show others how to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning skills and an eye for detail.
- Good news judgment.
- Knowledge of international events and politics in RFE/RL's target countries.
- Creative storytelling skills with a proven ability to create new way to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- A proactive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude, with excellent people skills used to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- A strong portfolio and resume reel that demonstrates high quality work.
- Video editing skills
Georgian, English, and Russian languages fluency, mandatory.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.