Our mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
The RFE/RL team in Riga, Latvia is looking for a Journalism Trainer to join our RFE/RL Academy department providing editorial and multiplatform skill training with the goal of deepening our understanding of the needs and effectiveness of training for journalists in Riga. We are looking for a dedicated team member who is adept at finding innovative ways to deliver training to staff, as well as key points to freelancers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members at RFE/RL in order to design and deliver online and offline workshops.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Elevate the work of journalists through inspired training
- Monitor the effectiveness of delivered training
- Design training sessions based on the production team’s needs and specifications
- Lead individual and group training sessions
- Provide other key admin or production support
What you bring:
- Experience in digital journalism/multi-platform journalism
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft products
- 3+ years of experience in training
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism or certificate in media studies desirable (Lower level education acceptable if candidate possesses relevant experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary for training others
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong editorial and technical skills for designing practical workshops
- Patience and the ability to multi-task while managing multiple tasks
- Excellent planning skills and an eye for detail
- Keen knowledge of international events and politics in RFE/RL's target countries
- Creative storytelling skills with a proven ability to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms
- A proactive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude, with excellent people skills used to build positive relationships within RFE/RL
- Fluency in Russian and English is mandatory
- Video editing skills desirable
- International and friendly working environment;
- Numerous courses and instructions for professional development;
- Life and health insurance as of first working day.
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted. Cover letters are required and, yes, we do read them.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To learn more about us please refer to our web pages:
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.