Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is hiring a Digital Marketing Specialist.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change as a part of the newly created Innovation & Audience engagement division. We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve the processes and workflows.
This role is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You will combine all the relevant paid marketing opportunities into actionable plans to help Language Services in their efforts to reach new audiences, deepen loyalty and build trust.
What does the role entail?
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Create advertising campaign templates for all the language services based on editorial priorities and analytical insights, identify the best opportunities to meet the goals of particular campaigns and monitor performance of marketing campaigns using relevant digital analytic software tools;
- Prepare reports, dashboards and/or presentations, analyze campaign outcomes to demonstrate return-on-investment from digital channels;
- Design, execute and analyze A/B tests to optimize advertising practices;
- Work closely with journalists to give guidance on the optimization of campaigns and train them on best practices of responsible and sustainable advertising;
- Monitor spending on digital campaigns and how the guidelines for use of marketing funds are being followed, investigate malpractice and, in coordination with management, delegate, grant and revoke rights to advertise across all platforms;
- Assist other parts of the organization in their digital marketing efforts.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing and advertising for news media and working on digital analytics across platforms;
- Advanced understanding of digital success metrics, including funnel segmentation and habituation metrics across platforms;
- Strong familiarity with Facebook Ads, Google Ads and other digital advertising opportunities, visual design and basic video editing;
- Familiarity with tools like Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Crowdtangle, Socialbakers;
- Proficiency in English is a must, while in Russian and/or other RFE/RL languages is strongly desirable;
- Excellent people skills with an ability to cultivate productive relationships and a customer-oriented attitude;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines; ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups;
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions, broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience, or exposure;
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (Multisport card, 13 sick days, 5 weeks’ vacation, public transport contribution, supplementary pension insurance, life insurance, in-house language courses, professional training, meal allowance)
- Modern work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near Želivského metro station
- Hybrid work environment that allows for a mix of remote work and in-office presence
Only CVs with cover letters in English will be accepted.
This is a local recruitment open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic. We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with experience.
To learn more about us please refer to our web page: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.