Reporting to the Director of Corporate Strategy, the Digital Marketing Specialist combines all the relevant paid marketing opportunities into actionable plans to help RFE/RL’s Language Services in their efforts to reach new audiences, deepen loyalty, and build trust.
The incumbent is responsible for building a culture of sustainable and accountable advertising practices across the organization. He/she ensures that stakeholders particularly in various language services have the analytical data they need to make sound decisions on what they want to achieve with advertising and giving them the tools and templates to achieve these goals. The Digital Marketing Specialist communicates proactively with relevant stakeholders across other various teams in other organizational components at varying levels, including journalists and analysts, ensuring that advertising efforts across platforms meet expectations.
The incumbent researches and observes best practices and latest developments in digital marketing and pursues innovative forms of advertising across platforms, collaborates daily with teams working on continuous improvement of processes.
- Creating advertising campaign templates for all the Services based on editorial priorities and analytical insights.
- Identifying the best opportunities to meet the goals of particular campaigns and monitoring performance of marketing campaigns using relevant digital analytic software tools.
- Working closely with designated editorial counterparts in the individual News Services to give guidance on the optimization of campaigns and training them on best practices of responsible and sustainable advertising.
- Monitoring spending on digital campaigns by individual language services and monitoring if guidelines for use of RFE/RL marketing funds are being followed by advertisers within individual language services. Investigating malpractice and, in coordination with management, delegating, granting and revoking rights to advertise across all platforms.
- Preparing reports, dashboards and/or presentations to communicate the results of work. Analyzing campaign outcomes to demonstrate return-on-investment from digital channel.
- Assisting other parts of the organization, including the Communications Department, in their digital marketing efforts.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to understand the digital marketing ecosystem and develop data-driven insights that are both strategic and operational.
- Designing, executing and analyzing A/B tests to optimize advertising practices.
- Working daily in close collaboration with specialist staff (e.g. graphic designers) from across the organization both in Prague and in the bureaus creating compelling creative work for marketing purposes.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years, or more of experience in digital marketing and advertising for news media
- Minimum 2 years, or more of experience in working on digital analytics across platforms.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions.
- Advanced understanding of digital success metrics, including funnel segmentation and habituation metrics across platforms.
- Strong familiarity with Facebook Ads, Google Ads and other digital advertising opportunities
- Familiarity with tools like Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Crowdtangle, Socialbakers
- Familiarity with visual design and basic video editing
- Team-based work ethic
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent people skills with an ability to cultivate productive relationships and a customer-oriented attitude.
- Proficiency in English – required
- Proficiency in Russian and/or other RFE/RL languages – strongly desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.