If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
The Central Newsroom's Multimedia Unit seeks a Prague-based intern to assist with daily tasks and special projects. The internship primarily entails work within the newsroom, particularly at the beginning, with potential opportunities for remote work. The intern will work in a focused and fast-paced environment in the Multimedia Unit.
The internship will last from 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), but the period can be extended to a maximum of 6 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the team and the intern’s schedule. However, the intern is expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to the internship.
What you will learn:
- High-impact video storytelling and script structuring
- Editorial standards and stylebook for Central Newsroom Multimedia reports, including copyright rules.
- Producing in the field if an opportunity arises.
- Tips and tricks for efficient editing in Adobe Premiere
- Methods for recording interviews via Skype/Zoom/Teams
- How to build a high-impact photo gallery in terms of visuals, headline, introduction, and captions
Expected duties may include all or some of the following:
- Translate video scripts from Russian and Ukrainian into English
- To produce narrated videos and social media-style videos with graphic text to assist the storytelling
- To do interviews over Skype to produce an original video
- To prepare photo galleries based on images from services and agencies
The minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Experience in video editing (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, DaVinci, or similar software) - Please include links to any videos you may have produced.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Ukrainian, Russian, Arabic, or Chinese is also an asset.
- Fluency in other languages from RFE/RL’s broadcast region is advantageous.
- Interest in international affairs and knowledge of the RFE/RL's broadcast region is desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.