Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFERL) seeks an Archive Media Manager to regulate and manage life-cycles of media files and assets created at the Riga Bureau and prepare these files for long-term archiving. As part of the Archives Unit, the Archives Media Manager for the Riga Bureau will report to the Manager of the RFERL Digital News Library in Prague and will play a key role in supporting the daily file management (creation, delivery, deletion) and routing of media assets in the Riga Bureau. As half of the Bureau Archive Team in the Riga Bureau, the Archives Media Manager for the Riga Bureau will work in daily conjunction and cooperation with the Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau. The Archives Media Manager for the Riga Bureau will also liaison with Engineers, Technicians, IT, and System Administrators in the Bureau and Prague as needed to enforce and carry out enterprise-wide Standard Operating Procedures.
With the responsibility of preserving RFERL media assets for long term storage and cataloging, the Archives Media Manager for the Riga Bureau will review and select files for archiving from across all Production Teams in the RFERL Riga Bureau, with a focus on native Russian Language content.
The Bureau Media Manager will be employed by the local bureau, which will administer scheduling, pay, time and attendance.
- Based on overall File Management Policies and Retention Schedules derived by Editorial, Archives and Engineering, controls File and Folder maintenance on the Bureau Production Storage NAS, or MAM storage. On a daily basis, assesses and purges the Production Storage NAS, or MAM storage, by manual and automated file management tasks in relation to daily and weekly News Production schedules, and Archive selection schedules.
- Compiles and prepares video files chosen by Riga Bureau Librarian for archive. Using Adobe Premiere, concatenates multiple camera-originals, prepares designated files for ingesting into the Dalet Archive System. Performs Quality Assurance and Control (QA/QC) on these files as needed. Performs additional transcoding and troubleshooting and repairing of files where needed. With the Bureau Librarian, creates schedules of review, compilation and deletion of files from the Production NAS Storage or MAM Storage.
- Coordinates with Video Archives (Prague), and Engineering (Prague), and Riga Bureau Production Teams on the arrangement and structuring of the File Directory for the Bureau’s Production Storage NAS, or MAM Storage, based on the combined needs of Production and Archive practices.
- Collaborates with Engineering and/or IT to regulate permissions and access to Production Storage NAS. Coordinates with MAM System Administrators to regulate permissions and access to MAM System workspaces, folders, and workflows.
- Collaborates with Engineers and/or IT to plan for additional storage growth, and additional file management or file delivery technology, as needed. Collaborates with Engineers and Production Teams on creating future media workflows to meet future technology needs. Coordinates with MAM System Administrators to monitor, manage and plan MAM workflows based on Archive needs and functions.
- Coordinates file transfers within the Bureau Production Storage NAS, or MAM Storage, to make newly created files available to Production Teams. Educates Production Teams on the policies and procedures for accessing files in designated locations on Production NAS or MAM Storage. In coordination with the Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau, restores files from Archive storage locations to live Production NAS or MAM Storage for re-use in new projects.
- Assists in file transfers (delivery and receipt) between Riga Bureau and external RFE/RL Production Teams at various locations
- Coordinates with Prague Operations System Administrators on maintenance of existing Signiant file transfer workflows or building new Signiant file transfer workflows for Riga Bureau.
• Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] preferred in a related field or subject area: Video/Audio Production, Engineering, or Telecommunications
• Experience in broadcast or digital media distribution environment (3-5 years).
Demonstrated experience with the following technologies or practices
- DNG/ENG Field recording and video delivery workflows
- Linear broadcast and non-linear digital distribution workflows
- Transcode and encoding software (Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, ffmpeg,
- Harmonics ProCoder, Digital Rapids Transcode Manager, Amberfin iCR, etc)
- File analysis and QC software and parameters (TreeSize, Interra Baton, Rhozet)
- File delivery software (FTP, and WAN-accelerated: Signiant, Aspera, Latakoo, Elemental, etc.)
- Live streaming (Youtube, Facebook, Live U, etc) file, and/or Base-band feed delivery protocols and practices
- Video Editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Media Composer, News Cutter, etc)
- Current video formats, framerates, codecs and containers; current audio file formats
- Familiarity with Media / Digital Asset Management systems (Dalet, Avid, Viz, Arvato, Tedial, Iconik)
- Experience in storage (SAN and NAS) management
- Basic video editing skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience working in a video news gathering operation (broadcast or online), desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate, carry out directives, lead groups, and professionally maintain client-customer relationships in a diverse, inclusive, multi-lingual work environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
• English language, native to near-native (Mandatory)
• Russian language, native to near-native (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.