Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFERL) seeks an Archive Video Librarian to select and catalog media files and assets created at the Riga Bureau and prepare these files for long-term archiving. As part of the Archives Unit, the Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will report to the Manager of the RFERL Digital News Library in Prague and will play the lead role in the Riga Bureau for reviewing media assets to save based on RFREL Archive Policies.
The Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will create original item and collection level catalog records in both English and Russian languages consisting of descriptive, technical, and process metadata according to RFERL Archive Policies. The Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau must be familiar with local and global news subjects relevant to the RFERL Russian Language Services.
As half of the Bureau Archive Team in the Riga Bureau, the Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will work in daily conjunction and cooperation with the Archives Media Manager for the Riga Bureau.
The Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will also liaison with Archives staff in Prague and other Bureaus to adhere to, enforce, and carry out enterprise-wide Standard Operating Procedures for cataloging and collection development.
In concurrence with the Prague Video Archives, the Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will support and maintain Library Archive tools and workflows at both the Bureau and the Prague Archive.
The Archives Video Librarian for the Riga Bureau will review, select and catalog files for archive from across all Production Teams in the RFERL Riga Bureau, with a focus on native Russian Language content.
The Bureau Media Manager will be employed by the local bureau, which will administer scheduling, pay, time and attendance.
- The Riga Bureau Video Librarian is responsible for selecting and cataloging files originating in the Riga Bureau or by teams related to the Riga Bureau but stationed in the field. The Riga Bureau Video Librarian will utilize existing and future technology to track, document and describe media assets to be archived at the Riga Bureau and in Prague Archives.
- The Riga Bureau Video Librarian will demonstrate excellent news judgment in accordance with RFERL editorial standards and practices, and RFERL Archive Collection Policies, to select company assets for the historic and legal record.
- The Riga Bureau Video Librarian will create original catalog records in English and Russian languages.
- Assists RFERL customers (in the Riga Bureau and other RFERL sites) with Video Research Requests. Registers requests, communicates with the customer and fellow Archives personnel, budgets time and practices diligent time management between cataloging and research requests, responds to requests with efficiency and within deadlines.
- Under direction of the Senior Video Librarian for Bureaus (in Prague), the Riga Bureau Video Librarian will contribute to developing and maintaining file cataloging regimen and archive schedules across all Bureaus and Services, while continuously harmonizing Riga Bureau practices with those developed at Prague Headquarters.
- The Riga Bureau Video Librarian works with the Archive Unit in Prague and MAM System Administrators to design and maintain MAM catalog functions and workflows, ensuring consistency and integrity of data across both the catalog records and the database.
- In conjunction with the Archives Riga Bureau Media Manager, and with the Senior Video Librarian for Bureaus (in Prague), the Riga Bureau Video Librarian communicates RFERL Archive policies and procedures to Riga Bureau personnel. Works effectively to build video Archive Collection with non-Archive teams and stakeholders at the Riga Bureau and in Prague without being incumbent to any one of these groups, while maintaining alignment and fidelity to RFERL Archives Unit in Prague.
- Assists in compiling and reporting data on Riga Bureau Archive operations and activities to RFERL Archives Unit Prague. Creates reports based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) related to Archive management and productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] required in Library Science, Information or Records Management, Archives Management, or related field.
- Experience in information services (2 -3 years).
- Demonstrated experience with digital media metadata.
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in taxonomies and thesauri, relational databases, indexing, controlled vocabulary, name and subject authorities.
- Ability to critically research, analyze, extract, and compile data across systems; and to output and present data in an organized and formatted manner.
- Familiarity with or exposure to basic concepts of Artificial Intelligence as applied to Text and Image analysis and management (Machine Learning, Modeling, Natural Language Processing, Speech/Image/Object Recognition, etc)
- Experience with Media/Digital Asset Management systems.
- Journalism experience or strong knowledge of news and media and current regional events
- Experience working in a video news or media content production company (preferred).
- Ability to effectively communicate, carry out directives, lead groups and professionally maintain client-customer relationships in a diverse, inclusive, multi-lingual work environment.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure. Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Basic video editing skills.
- Experience with MS Office and Office 365 Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point, Teams).
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- English language, native to near-native (Preferred).
- Russian language, native to near-native (Mandatory).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.