We are looking for an experienced Multimedia Photo And Video Specialist. In this position you will support video/audio production, operates digital video/audio electronic equipment, records, gathers, and edits video, content/feeds. Works closely with Multimedia producers and RFE/RL services on visual/editorial content. Writes text/news copy to accompany visual content. The position is also responsible for selecting photo content and handling image requests from producers, web editors, and services, exercising strong editorial judgement and addressing copyright issues. On image-related issues, works at the direction of Managing Editor for Multimedia, Photo and Web editors. Note, this is temporary one year contract as replacement for maternity leave.
- Edit news and feature videos for the Multimedia Unit for use on the English-language website and RFE/RL services.
- Handle metadata and uploads related to video, photos, and audio in the Content Management System and Media Asset Management System
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and proficiency on hardware and software for editing and uploading video, audio, and photos.
- Write text/news copy in the Newsroom System to match edited videos for use by RFE/RL services and media partners. Distributes editorial content directly to services and partners.
- Manage music, subtitles, graphics, and effects for video projects
- Assists services with daily production needs, including technical support, editing and shooting.
- Work as needed on weekends and evenings to process multimedia products from the services and news agencies
- Maintain good customer relations with content providers; ensure timely delivery of post production material to clients.
- Maintain content and supporting materials, coordinate as needed with content providers.
- Select top news photos from news agencies and upload to CMS/MAM to illustrate news/web stories and television broadcasts.
- Process photo requests from broadcasters and web editors to illustrate their content or for use in videos.
- Search public Internet sources, including social networks, for needed news images and contact sources to obtain permissions.
- Verify copyright clearances on images uploaded by RFE/RL services and report possible violations to Multimedia’s Photo Editor or Managing Editor. Advise RFE/RL producers and editors on copyright questions.
• General education Secondary (Mandatory)
• Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment (Desirable)
• Experience in television or video post-production work or digital editing 3-4 Years
• Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team. (Mandatory)
• Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies (Mandatory)
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors
• Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs., (Mandatory)
• Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems (Mandatory)
• Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision. (Mandatory)
• Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports) (Mandatory)
• Operate video, audio, photo-related digital equipment for editing images, sound, and video (Mandatory)
• Broadcast region language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
• English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.