The Associate Digital Strategy Manager, Analytics works with journalists across the News Division on optimizing the digital distribution and engagement of RFE/RL reporting in alignment with RFE/RL’s overarching strategy, as well as the organization’s mission and standards.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Strategy, the Associate Digital Strategy Manager is responsible for building a culture of constant experimentation and incremental improvement of products and processes across the Services’ digital operations, to reaches new audiences, deepen loyalty, and build trust.
Informed by data and guided by editorial priorities, the incumbent provides actionable insights for editors in day-to-day operations.
S/he actively advances collaboration in and across teams across RFE/RL and works towards raising the efficiency of production, distribution, engagement, and loyalty-building efforts of subscription products across digital channels.
Associate Digital Strategy Manager helps colleagues adapt to changes in their media environments to advance RFE/RL’s mission and meet its high editorial standards.
- Works closely with stakeholders to build, manage and analyze a constantly revolving series of tests, reaching beyond the media sector to utilize techniques from the politics and consumer marketing sectors.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand the news ecosystem and develops data-driven operational insights.
- Creates and maintains dashboards that assist day-to-day operations of the Services in terms of monitoring which reporting is performing well and where performance could be improved.
- Helps Service follow conversations on social media and helps them to track performance of key competitors.
- Designs, executes, and analyzes A/B tests to optimize the customer journey and habituation pathways.
- Contributes to the planning of major projects based on data insights from earlier projects, SEO and social data insights.
- Works closely with RFE/RL’s Market Insight and Evaluation team to align success metrics and share results of optimization experiments, and helps the Service understand and work toward meeting its annual targets.
- Guides the technical implementation of processes that relate to data through the CMS.
- Performs related work as assigned.
University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in digital journalism
- Basic familiarity with metrics across platforms (site, social media, subscriptions, video, audio)
- Awareness of best practices of audience development
- Knowledge of news and the news ecosystem
- History of mentoring and training of journalists
- Strong user empathy and understanding of digital metrics, including the use of tools such as Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Emplifi
- Strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail
- Familiarity with RFE/RL mission and journalistic standards
- Proficiency in English
- Other relevant languages, esp. Russian, preferred
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.