We are looking for a Graphics Editor for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv to be based in Riga and focus primarily on compelling and engaging storytelling in the Russian language on multiple digital platforms using visual graphics, animation, and interactive tools.
You will be an integral part of Current Time’s online project, Footage vs. Footage, known in Russian as “Смотри в оба”, which counters disinformation, propaganda, and fake news. You will produce mission-driven content on trending topics together with the team and through enterprise discovery. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is necessary.
You will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of infographics, charts, graphs, etc. Experience in all phases of creating visualizations is necessary. Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude are equally important, as you will be working every day in close collaboration with staff based in Riga and Prague.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Editor of Current Time’s “Смотри в Оба” project in the Riga office.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
- Designs infographics, native visual stories for digital platforms, online interactives, and design elements for feature content.
- Works closely with writers, editors, and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
- Makes sense of difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them.
- Stays current with state‑of‑the‑art data visualization practices, graphic presentation, interactivity, and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Educated in Graphic Design, Journalism or a related field (BA ‑ Bachelor degree desirable), knowledge of coding is an advantage.
- Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL and outside broadcasters.
- Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents.
- Desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory.
- English language (proficient), strongly preferred.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.