We are looking for a Digital Producer for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv to be based in Riga and be responsible for producing compelling and engaging content in the Russian language for Current Time’s online project, Footage vs. Footage, known in Russian as “Смотри в оба”, countering disinformation, propaganda, and fake news.
You will produce digital-first content for various online platforms, including social media and subscription services, so that they reach new audiences, deepening loyalty and building trust.
RFE/RL may assist the successful candidate with relocation to Riga, Latvia.
Production is integral to RFE/RL’s editorial process and success, and as a full-time team member you will be too. You must have a good eye for the presentation of journalistic content on Current Time’s website and across digital platforms used in the coverage region.
We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily operations and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all the functions of other digital editors on the team. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams, including writers and editors, to ensure that published content meets expectations across platforms. You will work closely with a self-directed team to meet daily publishing deadlines.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism and navigate the team’s production processes accordingly. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across platforms.
A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. You will provide editorial oversight of content produced by the team, ensuring that all content adheres to RFE/RL’s editorial standards and its best practices.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Editor of Current Time’s “Смотри в Оба” project in the Riga office.
- Produces high quality and share-worthy content for a wide array of digital platforms and TV.
- Monitors disinformation and state-sponsored propaganda activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional) in target region for potential story leads.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps the team updated throughout the day on disinformation-related stories worth exploring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization.
- Extensive experience in publishing projects across platforms.
- Experience working in projects that tackle disinformation efforts.
- Strong reporting and editing background.
- Strong editorial judgment, and ability to edit others' content in a professional manner for digital media use.
- Team-based work ethics.
- Understanding of digital content distribution and success metrics.
- Familiarity with social media storytelling and search engine optimization.
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate and compelling copy and visual production.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with multimedia editing is a plus.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory.
- English language (proficient), strongly preferred.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.