If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an interesting project.
Our Legal Department is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with ongoing GDPR projects, preferably during the summer or even longer. The selected intern would be expected to assist on the projects from 10-20 hours per week, partly remotely and partly in the office (Prague’s Headquarters).
You will gain:
* better knowledge and understanding of GDPR law and GDPR issues (e.g. consents, contracts).
* a better understanding of interaction between EU legislation and legislation of non-EU countries and operation of a multicultural organization.
Expected duties may include the following:
- helping with the creation of GDPR information page on RFE/RL intranet (e.g. preparation of FAQ, updating various GDPR information or memos for the employees),
- reviewing of GDPR information provided on all RFE/RL websites – updating of wording,
- reviewing and updating the list of third parties and their contracts,
- assisting with translation of various consents to other languages, and
- assisting with inspection of RPA (Records of Processing Activities).
Minimum requirements are:
- University student (in the 3rd grade or higher) or recent graduate– must be currently enrolled and in good standing.
- An educational background in law is welcome.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Czech and/or Russian is a plus.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and engage with employees with a professional attitude.
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Experience with project management is an advantage.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.