The On-Site Security Risk Manager for the RFE/RL Kyiv Bureau is a full-time overall security professional who works under the guidance and supervision of the RFE/RL Head of Corporate Security or his designee in Prague on the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for the RFE/RL Kyiv Bureau and all RFE/RL operations and personnel within Ukraine. The Security Risk Manager’s primary responsibilities are to identify and assess potential threats, vulnerabilities and risks faced by the Kyiv Bureau and Kyiv Bureau staff, and to report such to the Head of Corporate Security in Prague to develop and execute solutions to mitigate the threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
Within the limits of delegated authority, the On-Site Security Risk Manager is responsible for carrying out the detailed requirements set forth in the following:
- Assists the Head of Corporate Security in Prague in collecting, updating, and communicating information regarding the security situation in Ukraine., Kyiv.
- Serves as the Bureau Security Officer and a security consultant to Kyiv Bureau management and individual staff members regarding their security needs. This requires in-person meetings with staff in order to ascertain on a timely basis their security needs and any security issues that may impact their personal security and that of the Kyiv Bureau, and to report such security needs and issues to the Head of Corporate Security in Prague to find and execute solutions to the security needs and issues.
- Reviews and assesses the security posture of operations at the Kyiv Bureau by conducting comprehensive risk analyses and threat assessments based on external and internal sources and briefs the Head of Corporate Security on the results.
- Maintains the Kyiv Bureau Access Control Policy.
- In a timely manner investigate, document, and report all security incidents that effect the Kyiv Bureau and/or Kyiv Bureau staff to the Head of Corporate Security in Prague.
- Conducts periodic physical security systems and operating procedure assessments for all RFE/RL facilities within Ukraine and works with the Head of Corporate Security to adjust security techniques, methods, and operating procedures as necessary.
- Works with the Kyiv Bureau Administrator and the RFE/RL Regional Director in Prague to ensure that the Kyiv Bureau Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP) is understood and implemented at the bureau.
- Plans, executes, and documents emergency training, exercises, and drills at the Kyiv Bureau and reports such to the RFE/RL Regional Director in Prague.
- Conducts security orientation briefings for all newly assigned Kyiv Bureau staff.
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with appropriate Kyiv City and Ukrainian government officials to actively assist the Kyiv Bureau and Kyiv Bureau staff in matters that require interactions with the police.
- Assist with the development and execution, as needed, of emergency evacuation plans (including OEP building evacuation and Contingency Planning evacuation) for RFE/RL staff in Kyiv.
- Assists the Bureau Administrator or their designee with managing the Bureau cascade and accountability system. Assists with obtaining accountability as needed or as directed by the Head of Corporate Security.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- General Education (Secondary), mandatory
- Professional Certification(s) such as a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) is desirable but not required.
- Must be a full-time professional security risk manager with at least 5 years of corporate security or related experience.
- Must have experience with the operation of electronic security systems and conducting physical security systems and operating procedure assessments.
- Experienced with the development and implementation of security and safety procedures, conducting comprehensive risk analyses and threat assessments, and the management of emergency response training, exercises, and drills.
- Must have the ability to identify and assess potential security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, and understand how to develop and execute solutions to mitigate the threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Must be proficient communicating in-person and in writing with management and individual staff members.
- Must have the ability to write detailed comprehensive reports in English.
- Proficient in the use of computers, especially with the programs of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently within the limits of delegated authority.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Knowledge of Russian is desirable but not required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.