Reporting to the Supervisor, Office Services, and working in the Prague Office Services unit, receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail and shipments, and arranges customs clearance. Runs a photocopy machine to produce high quality multiple copies of documents and provides related client services as binding or stapling. Provides regular operation duties of supply and equipment storages. Performs other related duties as required.
- Receives incoming mail on a daily basis; sorts and distributes.
- Collects outgoing mail of all classes (registered, express, ordinary) for delivery to Ceska Posta and private carriers. Weighs and affixes postage using scales and postage meters. Completes documentation for express delivery and registered mail in accordance with postal regulations and/or terms and conditions of private express delivery firms. Collects fees for private mail and parcel delivery. Locates proper addresses and makes corrections for misdirected mail.
- Accepts internal mail, parcels and goods for distribution and for outgoing shipment. Prepares and dispatches twice weekly pouch to Washington, D.C. Completes necessary customs and postal declaration forms.
- Prepares and processes necessary paperwork related to mail, shipping and delivery services and maintains records of deliveries and receipts. Helps Property Specialist with receiving of goods.
- Assists Supervisor in tracking of departmental expenses (petty cash operations related to deliveries and shipping) and maintaining files.
- Provides services related with regular operations of supply storage.
- Provides services related with regular operations of photocopy machines, binding, cutting etc.
- Provides services related with regular operations of archives and storages.
- Helps with inventories of supplies, storages and archives.
- Processes individual requests for business cards and press cards from all RFE/RL business units, and insures their production and delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- General education (Secondary)
- Administration (0-2 years), mandatory
- Experience in international or domestic (Czech) shipping
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks (Mandatory)
- Understands and meeting customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory)
- Dependability & reliability (Mandatory)
- Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications (Mandatory)
- Office practices (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Valid driver´s license B
- Czech language (Proficient), mandatory
- English language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.