Junior Broadcast Engineer assists in providing the broadcast engineering support in terms of building, developing, and maintaining RFE/RL broadcast facilities with an aim of enabling its broadcast mission.
Under supervision, performs primary and secondary level maintenance and installation on all equipment items in the Central Engineering dep. Troubleshoots faulty equipment and develops solutions to support the broadcasting mission. Provides trouble call customer assistance for the broadcast staff. Provides field support to corporate bureaus.
- Under supervision, performs design, installation and maintenance of audio and video studio equipment, including, but not limited to, studio cameras, microphones, mix boards, video switchers, studio lights and their control systems.
- Performs installation, periodic maintenance and component level repair of all Broadcast Equipment and support systems. Works on equipment in the analog and digital domain. Is required to install and trouble shoot digital audio/video editing systems based on a computer network topology. Works with studio acoustics and microphone patterns. Constructs studio enclosures, performs equipment population, assembles support furniture, and builds out satellite transmission systems.
- Localizes technical problems and is responsible for their timely solutions
- May coordinate work of broadcast engineering projects with language service staff and with colleagues in department.
- Travels to foreign broadcast bureaus on broadcast engineering assignments, if needed.
- Provides documentation on all projects and job control documentation. Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
- Shifts and occasional weekend and night work required.
- Keeps work area in a presentable and orderly fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical secondary education.
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline for 1 - 3 years.
- Basics of broadcast engineering.
- Familiarity and interest in working with digital and analog studio equipment, radio/TV digital and analog signal distribution systems.
- Experience in making hardware equipment operational and configured.
- Understands and meets customers’ needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Czech language
- English language
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.