Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of servers and business applications. The position is responsible for day-to-day maintenance of these systems, including troubleshooting, upgrades, server and network-related issues, user support, security, disaster recovery and data backups. Works on innovative projects for the server’s systems technologies.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of servers by monitoring system performance, oversees patch, configuration and capacity management, as well as maintenance and repair.
- Performs daily maintenance of servers, not limited to checking error logs, firewall logs, checking for updates, system installation.
- Responsible for Microsoft Windows domain infrastructure.
- Maintains and monitors Microsoft Windows and VMware infrastructure.
- Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of the defined policies and procedures.
- Prepares disaster recovery plans and updates them periodically.
- Administers system and application security, including creating customer profiles and accounts.
- Assists with desktop and user support issues when required, providing 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Tracks issues and resolutions.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Provides strategic guidance for server architecture and mentors technical staff.
- Works on innovative projects related to managed systems and technologies.
- Creates and documents procedures for operational processes.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- General education Secondary (Mandatory)
- Technical fields Secondary (Desirable)
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline 5-8 years
- Solid experience in Microsoft server administration, Microsoft Active Directory management and VMWare administration.
- Knowledge of malware protection and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of operating systems and networking protocols.
- Knowledge of system, application and data security.
- Knowledge of MS SQL db
- Windows & Notes/Domino infrastructure administration and maintenance.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Initiative and motivation to achieve specific goals.
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients.
- Czech language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
- English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.