We are seeking a Unified Communications Engineer who has experience in a Cisco Unified Communications environment and can help us with our telecommunications infrastructure. You’ll get to work with people around the globe as well as locally to ensure that we follow RFE/RL business processes as well as RFE/RL security standards.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
- Provide end user support for all Unified Communications (collaborative applications, mobile devices, video terminals, and voice endpoints).
- Perform relocations, additions, and changes to telephony services based on requests.
- Maintain overall employee satisfaction levels for telephony services provided and take proactive actions to improve services as needed.
- Maintain and/or provide documentation on Unified Communications processes and procedures.
- Provide support for Microsoft Teams.
- May do business travel to our remote locations.
- Work some evening shift work and standby support according to a set schedule.
- May work on other projects and responsibilities added at RFE/RL’s discretion.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology.
• Cisco CCNA certification, or recognized certifications.
• 2 to 3 years on Unified Communications Administration and Troubleshooting: CUCM, Cisco Jabber, Voice gateways, voice circuits (SIP trunks).
• Experience with administration, and support of a Cisco UCM Telephony environment to include Communications Manager, Unity Voice Mail, and Unified Messaging.
• Experience with administering VOIP phones and GSM handsets.
• Experience with Cisco networks switches.
• Experience with maintaining Call Manager and other UC applications.
• Working knowledge of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), G.711 and G.729 codecs, QoS.
• Streaming video systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, network streaming protocols, and communication standards.
• Knowledge of monitoring applications for UCM clusters to ensure peak performance.
• Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership.
• Collaboration skills and attention to detail.
• Excellence in user resolution, problem solving and debugging/troubleshooting skills.
• Good knowledge of English; written and oral communication skills
• English - Mandatory
• Czech - Desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.