We are currently seeking a Service desk coordinator & Administrative assistant for our TELECOM department.
Service desk coordinator & Administrative assistant will provide daily administrative support activities including coordination service desk requests, problems and incidents. Reports to Director of Telecommunications.
• Provides administrative support to Telecom department staff members and small team of engineers, correspondence, coordinates schedules and travel arrangements and confirms appointments.
• Orders services, equipment, and spares parts and keeps a stock-pile of parts and accessories up to date.
• Handles customer requests and inquiries.
• Under the direction of a Telecom professional, conducts technical research and analysis.
• Collects, proofreads, edits, formats and distributes documentation needed by staff, such as technical user guides, policies and other relevant data.
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable interacting across multiple levels of the organization and liaise with other departments and external business entities.
• Serve as primary administrative point of contact and is able to convey technical information in tangible business terms.
• Well organized and detail oriented to effectively manage her/his time, as well as the schedule of the manager she/he supports.
• Proficiency in personal computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio.
• Secondary education with technical background or Business administration or related field.
• Combination of education and work experience.
• Up to 3 years experience with administration work with at least one year of engineering/IT experience.
• Proficiency in Czech and English
• Knowledge of Russian or another broadcast region language are considered a plus
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
The level of remuneration will be determined based on the candidate’s seniority level, expectations and the company’s salary ranges.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.