Reporting to IT Bureau Manager in Prague and coordinating IT activities with DC office, he/she performs a variety of tasks associated with maintenance of the DC office IT technology, network and possible multimedia equipment, including its day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, user support, servers and multimedia data backups. He/she co-operates with other Technology division team members, as needed.
- Provides full IT support to DC office. The support may include overtime, late shift work, technology support, and discussing/agreeing on daily priorities, as well as coordinating on potential security risks.
- Treats DC office staff as their primary customer, discusses priorities with them, and ensures they receive the highest level of support possible within the constraints of available budget and technical standards. Informs him/her about his vacations, sick leaves, etc. to ensure an adequate support is provided.
- Performs and supervises the daily activities of the DC IT systems and ensures their accomplishing in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Performs and oversees installing, testing, operating and maintaining new hardware and software in the DC office, supports desktop computers, NLE’s (Non-Linear Editors) such as digital audio & video workstations, laptop computers, printers, monitors and other general peripherals.
- Deploys, integrates, maintains, and secures Windows, Macintosh, Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers and media players; deploys software and manages PCs policies. Gives support, as required, with the introduction and installation of new software and technology in the bureau.
- Performs local User Support/Help Desk functions, records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
- Provides basic training in equipment use and computer and software use, as required.
- Makes sure the Prague TOC (Technical Operations Center) is informed of the operational status of the DC office on a regular basis, reports technical deficiencies and problems in a timely manner, and suggests the speediest and most cost-effective solutions.
- Adheres to and complies with all technology standards, policies, and regulations as outlined by Technical Management in Prague. In addition, complies with local regulations and codes concerning workplace safety and technical/electrical installations.
- Assists in developing and ensuring successful implementation and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and all safety regulations and uses Industry Best Practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
- Cooperates closely with the assigned administrator and Prague-based supervisor in terms of issuing requisitions for technology and multimedia equipment and ongoing technical operations maintenance.
- Performs other related duties, incl. supporting and operating any other technology used in DC office bureau (internet, ups, vpn, nas, etc.), as assigned.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Secondary, ideally a university degree in a relevant technology area;
- Certification of formal education and/or proof of equivalent professional experience
- At least three years in a similar technical position;
- Knowledge and experience managing and supporting Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Windows 7/10, IOS, and Android;
- Must possess complete technical comprehension of server and desktop operating systems, network architectures and protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set up administrative systems.
- High degree of technical knowledge and overview over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
- Skill set and experience to be able to maintain IT systems (hardware, software, network);
- Knowledge of power systems, including UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) and backup power generation equipment is a plus;
- Knowledge/experience in broadcasting/multimedia engineering & production is a plus;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. If selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include locality pay for employees based in Washington D.C.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.