We are looking for a technically sound IT security architect to join our RFE/RL team in Prague, Czech Republic. S/he is responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementation of secure information systems within RFE/RL’s network, under broad supervision of IT Security Director, as well as for validating that provided services are designed and implemented with high security standards. Additionally, the role reviews current security measures, identifies weaknesses, recommends enhancements, and contributes to the overall information security continuous monitoring program.
RFE/RL’s IT Security is responsible for building out and maintaining a secure environment. This role helps amplify the security message at the team level and evangelize, manage, and enforce the security posture with RFE/RL teams.
This posting requires a valid work visa/permit for the EU zone. Please do not apply if you are not currently able to legally work inside the European Union.
- Play a lead role in developing security technical architecture which supports a robust technology solution.
- Define secure design of business, IT, and security solutions.
- Participate in designated projects and business initiatives as the security subject matter expert.
- Review security requirements and assess the security posture to identify gaps or improvements.
- Support the development and implementation of security and compliance legislation, such as GDPR or FISMA.
- Work in tandem with other Operations’ teams to provide repetitive validation testing prior to production while allowing for a continuous cycle of system development followed by security assessments.
- Document security findings with reasonable methods to secure.
- Attend and participate in application projects and change management committees. This includes interacting with business units and technical teams to understand what is coming and how their projects can be more secure from the beginning.
- Review business processes from security perspective and identify threats, risks, and solutions accordingly.
- Contribute to RFE/RL security standards, guidelines, and policies.
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University Degree (Information Technology or similar) with 3-5 years of experience in the domain
- Security certifications preferred: Microsoft, SANS/GIAC, ISACA, (ISC)², or equivalent
- At least 3 years in an IT Security role with an overall responsibility for IT Security architecture design and implementation.
- Highly technical and analytical experience, with strong understanding of security protocols, authentication, and security.
- A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, operating systems, and computer software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft security best practices, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps (Microsoft Cloud App Security) incl. Office 365 Cloud App Security, Microsoft 365 Defender (Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps), Exchange Online Protection, servers and applications hosted in Microsoft Azure, Data Loss Prevention, Conditional Access App Control, etc.
- Agile methodology and DevSecOps experience (highly desirable).
- Knowledge in operational models, business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan (desirable).
- Ability to perform plan, research, and design security architectures.
- Proven interest in cyber security topics and willingness to develop expertise in the domain of IT security.
- Excellent analytical, autodidactic, and problem-solving abilities required (especially if incomplete information is provided).
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Natural motivation to integrate multidisciplinary international IT teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and teams.
- Standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Team oriented, with the ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Strong command of English is required.
- Other languages a plus
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
The level of remuneration will be determined based on the candidate’s seniority level, expectations and the company’s salary ranges.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.