Reporting to the Software Architect, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web applications while also developing longer-term projects by assisting Software Architect in implementing Pangea Digital architecture to life. He does so both by own programming and by finding, inducting, developing and retaining other developers.
- Develops web applications in the languages/technologies used for Pangea Digital sw application developments.
- Introduces modern software development practices to improve the development process.
- Is responsible for applying advanced refactoring techniques to ensure stability and maintainability of current projects.
- Leads continuous integration and delivery efforts. Researches and recommends new technologies to developers. Leads the integration of third-party projects.
- Leads the effort to improve application and database performance.
- Actively participates in recruiting new candidates and in their integrating into Pangea Development team.
- Leads and mentors other developers, takes active role in their professional development.
- Organizes the process of knowledge sharing amongst the team members, passes the knowledge of Pangea Digital products to them.
- Supervises the process of integrating different branches to our codebase.
- Is responsible for overall source code maintenance.
- Designs database schemas and creates stored procedures in MS SQL.
- Performs Quality Assurance (QA) testing on own projects as well as the projects of co-workers. Is responsible for bug fixing functionality in the existing applications.
- Controls the code deployment and builds automation processes.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Information technology or related field (BA - Bachelor degree), mandatory,
- Combination of education and experience
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline (5-8 years), mandatory
- Writing code in any relevant language required (currently C# and .NET platform, HTML/JS/CSS, (including AJAX and jQuery), MS SQL, ASP.NET MVC, XML, AJAX and jQuery) for improvements in the given software or application, mandatory;
- Developing new features and components within the given software. Mandatory;
- Mentoring & coaching, mandatory;
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution, mandatory;
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems, mandatory;
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment., mandatory;
- Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products., mandatory.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory,
- Czech language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written), desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.