We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Front End to our PANGEA DIGITAL department. Reporting to the Software Architect, the Senior Software Engineer – Front End is responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web applications while also developing longer-term projects. S/he is a hands-on Front End developer while managing and mentoring a small Front End team.
· Is responsible for overall Front End source code maintenance.
· Coordinates the work of Pangea Digital Front End developers and contractors according to defined priorities, tracks the status of all their ongoing programming efforts, assigns individual developers to software projects and monitors their performance
· Develops web applications, currently in JS/TS/CSS/React.js.
· Introduces modern software development practices to improve the Front End development process.
· Is responsible for applying advanced refactoring techniques to ensure stability and maintainability of current Front End projects.
· Leads continuous integration and delivery efforts. Researches and recommends new technologies to Front End developers. Leads the integration of third-party projects.
· Actively participates in recruiting new candidates and integrating them into the Pangea Development team, leads and mentors other Front End developers and takes active role in their professional development. Trains junior Front End developers and new team members, ensuring they adhere to programming standards.
· Organizes the process of knowledge sharing amongst the team member and passes knowledge of Pangea Digital products to them.
· Is responsible for bug fixing Front End functionality in the existing applications.
· Controls the code deployment and builds automation processes.
· Information technology or related field (BA – bachelor’s degree)
· Experience in the front-end software development (5-8 years);
· Experience in leading a team.
· Developing new features and components within the given software, writing code in any relevant language required (currently HTML/JS/CSS, (including AJAX and jQuery), XML) for improvements in the given software or application;
· People management, mentoring and coaching;
· Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution;
· Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems;
· Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment;
· Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s Front End products.
· English language (Proficient)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.