Working in a team environment, the UX Designer/Researcher is responsible for working on RFE/RL’s suite of online products, working on mobile, apps, tablet and desktop – for over 25 language public-facing sites, intranet sites and in-house CMS from concept to launch. He/she possesses superb hands-on UX skills as well as significant Research experience to identify and implement strategic best practice solutions. The UX Designer/Researcher knows the best practices for usability guidelines and which principles to emulate and which to disregard. This position includes design, development, production, and interacting with internal staff at all levels of the organization.
- Lead the efforts of the UX Design/Research process.
- Analyze business ideas, plan and conduct research to gather user data.
- Measure and optimize applications (mobile, tablet, desktop, and apps), by exploring many different approaches to solve end-users’ problems, working toward a “one web” User experience, maintaining consistency across all apps.
- Create case studies and verbalize them into understandable user insights (written documentation).
- Identify user needs and sketch solutions with wireframes and prototypes.
- Validate the insights through user testing and refine the solution with additional data and user feedback.
- Iterate alongside designers, developers, and product managers to translate the outcomes into final products.
- Write UX design specifications for Designers/Developers to work with.
- Evangelize best UX practices to other team members.
- Develops guidelines governing the UX design/Research methods.
- Collaborate on several large-scale design systems (covering 100+ public news websites, in-house CMS and other apps) to maintain UX/UI consistency.
- Stays current with best practices, patterns, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- Tests the functionality and usability of new web products.
- Combination of education and experience
- Design, Demography, Sociology or a related field BA - Bachelor’s degree (Desirable)
- Relevant industry experience as a UX Design/Research engaged in conceptual development, information architecture, wireframing, design systems, usability testing and execution of creative assignments. 2-3 Years (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of Prototyping apps (Axure, XD) and other user UX and technologies. (Desirable)
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment. (Mandatory)
- Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
- Communication skills; written and verbal. (Mandatory)
- Organizational skills (Mandatory)
- Relevant software knowledge for creating UX prototypes. (Mandatory)
- Time Management (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language Working Knowledge Oral + Written (Advantage)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.