Radio Free Europe is looking for the Backend Lead Developer (C#/.NET) for Pangea Digital: www.pangea-cms.com, which is its proprietary content management system. Reporting to the Software Architect, the Backend Lead Developer is responsible for the backend architecture and design of software solutions, the choice of technologies to be used, and the way the in-house backend software development is done. Is a hands-on backend developer while managing and mentoring a backend development team.
- Working with the Software Architect, and alongside the Lead Frontend Developer, define and documents the architecture of backend software components.
- Make backend software design choices, such as deciding what technologies and design patterns to use.
- Code/develop web applications in the languages/technologies used for Pangea Digital software application development.
- Work on improving existing backend software solutions.
- Is responsible for overall backend source code maintenance and for applying advanced refactoring techniques to ensure stability and maintainability of current frontend projects.
- React to emergency situations to fix urgent issues, such as site service outages and other critical problems.
- Oversee the activities of the backend software development team and the status of all ongoing programming efforts, working with others on defining task priorities, technical specifications, time estimates, and delivery plans.
- Actively participate in recruiting new candidates and integrating them into the Pangea team, lead and mentor other backend developers and take an active role in their professional development. Train new team members, ensuring they adhere to programming standards.
- Organize the process of knowledge sharing amongst the team members and passe knowledge of Pangea Digital products to them.
- Is responsible for bug fixing backend functionality in the existing applications.
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) testing on own projects as well as the projects of co-workers. Is responsible for bug fixing functionality in the existing applications.
- Control the code deployment and build automation processes.
Our technology stack:
C#, .NET Core 6, SignalR, ReactJS, TypeScript, React MUI, Rabbit, Redis, Docker Swarm, MS SQL, Aspx, Azure devops, Grafana, Kibana, Jenkins.
- Preferably a university degree in IT or relevant technical discipline.
- Proven experience leading successful software development projects.
- Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s backend products.
- Developing new features and components within the given software, writing code in any relevant language required (currently C#, regular expressions), .NET core, MS SQL, ASP.NET MVC, XML.
- Knows how to use docker for efficient development.
- People management, mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Adaptability and flexibility to understand and appreciate various perspectives on an issue, adapting as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in the organization or own job requirements.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- English language (Proficient).
- Czech language (Working Knowledge Oral + Written).
Nice to have:
- Basic devops knowledge: azure devops, nginx, jenkins
- Experience with rabbitMQ, redis/memcached, kerberos
- Knowledge of elasticsearch/kibana
What we offer:
- Unique workplace with a meaningful mission: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us.
- Work on a proprietary content management system used by various media entity.
- Friendly, inclusive working team.
- Competitive salary.
- Employment benefits (5 weeks of vacation, 13 sick days, Retirement Savings Contribution, Fitness Benefit, Meal Allowance, Public Transport Contribution, Life Insurance, Language Courses, Summer Allowance, Medical Care on Premises)
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.