We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Writer & Knowledge Process Manager to help create and build out documentation for a suite of publishing products tailored for online journalism. The candidate will drive the creation of online and offline documentation and will have full responsibility for documentation and knowledge management across all process areas. The Senior Technical Writer & Knowledge Process Manager is expected to work with Subject Matter Experts to continually improve accuracy, usability, and quality of our documentation. The candidate must be able to successfully execute multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while coordinating input from numerous sources.
- Work with Product Managers, Quality Assurance, Customer Care, Designers, and Developers to produce and maintain comprehensive and up-to-date documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into comprehensible documents.
- Write and edit technical documents, including policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance documentation, updating documents based on requirements.
- Ensure Pangea Digital documentation is compliant with security audit (FISMA) requirements.
- Assist in compliance audits working with IT Security, Developers, and SysAdmins.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of their offerings and documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface walkthroughs, online help articles, and developer guides.
- Write Product documentation, User Guides, online helps (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.) in English, from scratch, during the product development process.
- Write and review GUI text strings as part of the product development process.
- Create other documentation for enterprise-level software products (best practices, hardware configuration guides, knowledge base articles).
- Create graphical images, flow charts and diagrams for inclusion in documentation and/or training.
- Analyze functional specifications to identify documentation requirements.
- Plan the documentation delivery in accordance with the software delivery timeline.
- Gather feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline, or relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of technical writing and knowledge management experience in a software/technology company
- Experience with creating documentation related to information security, including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and cloud security architecture.
- Understanding of task-oriented, topic-based approach to documentation.
- Understanding of software development life cycles.
- Understanding of source control systems, issue tracking systems, and content management systems.
- Very strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Ability to obtain information from various sources.
- Ability to translate technical materials and issues into non-technical/layman terms.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work and operate remotely if needed.
- Native or native-level English language (Mandatory)
- Czech language Working Knowledge Oral + Written (Desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.