Reporting to the Director, Pangea Digital. Software Architect is responsible for overall general architecture and design of software solutions, choice of appropriate technologies to be used, and technical excellence of in-house software development projects. Software Architect ensures that the business requirements are turned into viable IT solutions.
· Defines and documents the architecture of software components. Communicates the architecture to the senior management and the development team. Works on improving existing software solutions.
· Makes high-level software design choices, such as deciding what technologies and design patterns to use. Defines non-functional requirements (quality criteria) for new software projects. Creates and maintains sets of software development best practices and standards for the RFE/RL Pangea Digital.
· Takes responsibility and leadership position in ensuring technical excellence of Pangea Digital software projects. Anticipates technological evolutions and makes sure Pangea Digital software solutions stay at the industry cutting edge.
· Through respective Senior Software Engineers oversees the activities of software development team and tracks the status of all ongoing programming efforts. Works with Pangea management on defining task priorities, technical specifications, time estimates, and delivery plans.
· Ensures that Pangea development team reacts to emergency situations to fix urgent issues, such as site service outages and other critical problem.
· Performs other related duties, as assigned.
· Information technology or related field (MA - master’s degree)
· Proven experience in software architect’s role;
· Excellent back-end (.NET) and, ideally, front-end programming skills (5-8 years of professional experience),
· Experience of leading a team.
· Thorough understanding of modern web technologies and software architecture;
· Ability to write software C# code and actively contribute to day-to-day programming efforts, if necessary.
· Excellent Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step by-step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at optimal solutions.
· Excellent communication skills - Ability to communicate ideas clearly, directly, honestly and with respect for other opinions and team members. Passion for constructive communication that will help bridge the gap between development team and non-tech savvy business users.
· Ability to quickly anticipate, troubleshoot and resolve problems
· People management.
· Teamwork skills.
· Mentoring and coaching.
· English Language (Proficient)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.