Radio Free Europe is looking for the Software Architect for Pangea Digital: www.pangea-cms.com, which is a proprietary content management system. The Software Architect is responsible for architecture and design of software solutions, choice of technologies to be used, and the way the in-house software development projects are done.
- Make software design proposals and choices, such as deciding what technologies and design patterns to use.
- Create and maintain sets of software development best practices and standards for Pangea Digital.
- Define technical standards, oversee the activities of software development team and the status of all ongoing programming efforts.
- Work with others on defining task priorities, technical specifications, time estimates, and delivery plans.
- Coordinate the work of Pangea Digital developers and contractors, according to defined priorities, and monitor their performance.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and external solutions providers to develop integrated solutions.
- Supervise Lead Frontend and Lead Backend Developers.
- Coach team members as necessary and create a professional work environment.
- Identify staffing requirements, prepare job ads and descriptions to attract the candidates and serve as the point person and primary interviewer during recruitment.
- Ensure new development staff are on-boarded successfully in Pangea Digital and that they adhere to defined programming standards.
- If necessary, reacts to emergency situations to fix or address urgent issues.
Our technology stack:
C#, .NET Core 6, SignalR, ReactJS, TypeScript, React MUI, Rabbit, Redis, Docker Swarm, MS SQL, Aspx, Azure devops, Grafana, Kibana, Jenkins.
- Preferably a university degree in IT or relevant technical discipline.
- Proven experience in leading successful software development projects.
- Experience with responsibility for software/systems analysis, design, architecture, development, and maintenance.
- Team management experience.
- Ability to write C# code and strong .NET core knowledge.
- Knowledge of modern devops practices and technologies, including Linux, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Microservice architecture experience.
- Understanding of multi-platform orchestration and administration, as well as API management and security.
- Familiarity in configuring and troubleshooting application code running in a container orchestration environment, Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing.
- Enterprise release management experience.
- Ability to work with others on a team, to interact and operate effectively with peers and others within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility to understand and appreciate various perspectives on an issue, adapting as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in the organization or own job requirements.
- English language (Proficient).
- Czech language (Working Knowledge Oral + Written).
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of old Aspx pages and IIS.
- Knowledge of Graphql and federation.
- Experience with SQL queries and procedures (Mssql).
What we offer:
- Unique workplace with a meaningful mission: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us.
- Work on a proprietary content management system used by various media entity.
- Friendly, inclusive working team.
- Competitive salary.
- Employment benefits (5 weeks of vacation, 13 sick days, Retirement Savings Contribution, Fitness Benefit, Meal Allowance, Public Transport Contribution, Life Insurance, Language Courses, Summer Allowance, Medical Care on Premises)
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.