Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of Pangea Digital’s infrastructure (Physical / virtual servers, Hyper-V and VMware virtual environment, shared storage, PCs/laptops) and business applications (CMS, Responsive, Pangea related services, etc.). The position is responsible for reorganizing server configurations to improve reliability and security, supporting more than 60 language services and more than 100 frontend websites across all Pangea Digital supported Networks.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
· Responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining:
o servers running on Microsoft Windows 2012-2019 systems
o related Microsoft products like MS SQL, WSUS, Domain environment.
o Linux Ubuntu, RedHat Enterprise Linux
o HYPER-V and VMware systems
o Local PC and software for Pangea team members
· Installs new/maintain existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Performs daily system monitoring (MS System Center, Nagios/Zabbix, Kibana, Grafana), verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
· Installs, manages, and supports business software applications.
· Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of the defined policies and procedures.
· Prepare documentation of performed infrastructure changes and keep them up to date
· Provides with desktop and user support, when required.
· Tracks issues and resolutions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
· Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training.
Experience in Systems Administration, 3-5 years
· Advanced administration knowledge and troubleshooting skills of MS windows server 2012-2019 systems and Linux based operational systems (Ubuntu, RadHat Enterprise Linux)
· Administering applications in the Windows IIS environment
· Knowledge of web protocols -- HTTP, HTTPS, FTP.
· MS SQL 2014-2019 database administration.
· Supporting infrastructure tools including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, security and network communications.
· Knowledge with MS windows clustering administration.
· Knowledge of HYPER-V virtual environment infrastructure.
· Knowledge of DMZ and network infrastructure (WAN and LAN) load balancing, TCP, IP, DNS.
· Experience with Windows Scripting Power Shell and TSQL scripting.
· Familiarity of MS System center family software.
· DELL servers’ administration knowledge.
· Knowledge of DELL-EMC Compellent storage system.
· Willingness to work in 24*7 environment (evening and on call shifts).
· Willingness to learn new things and to improve current skills in desired environment.
· Nice to have:
o Knowledge of administration and installation of Atlassian product like JIRA, GIT, CONFLUENCE, BITBUCKET
o Familiar with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing.
o Familiar with VMware environment (vSphere) administration and troubleshooting.
o Familiar with centralized monitoring tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), container system and application metrics (such as PROMETHEUS/GRAFANA).
o Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred.
o Previous working experience with DevOps design and implementation is a plus.
Written and spoken English
Czech or broadcast language an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.