DevOps Engineer is primarily tasked to modernize and improve software engineering practices. S/he works to reduce the amount of time developers spend on boilerplate configuration and code and to maximize the time they spend producing end users’ value. Is responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the Pangea backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
• Help with facilitating transition from monolithic web application system architecture to an opinionated, modular, end-to-end solution while building on top of proven solutions and best practices from the community, industry, and inside the company.
• Identify technical problems and performing software updates and ‘fixes’.
• Monitor digital architecture, check for performance and compliance and infrastructure stability.
• Work with development teams – providing supporting infrastructure for the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
• Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
• Build frameworks for software and application deployment.
• Liaise closely with both development and operational teams.
• Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training.
Previous working experience with DevOps design and implementation needed.
• Familiar with at least one “mainstream” development language, with C# or NodeJS being preferred.
• Familiar with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies, including Linux systems and Docker. With infrastructure systems such as REDIS, RABBITMQ, GLUSTERFS, SQL SERVER
• Familiar in configuring and troubleshooting application code running in a container orchestration environment, Kubernetes preferred.
• Familiar with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing.
• Proficiency with scripting languages such as UNIX shell, PowerShell or groovy.
• Experience in CI /CD automation build system tools and frameworks such as Jenkins, CIRCLE CI, Azure DEVOPS or similar
• Basic knowledge and understanding of PKI implementation (server side).
• Familiar with centralized monitoring tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), container system and application metrics (such as PROMETHEUS / GRAFANA)
• Familiar with code analysis tools such as SonarQube, HP Fortify.
• Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred.
English, Czech/Slovak is welcome, Russian as well.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.