RFE / RL is looking for a Network Engineer to join our internal network team of Engineers. You would be responsible for the maintenance, installation and design recommendations of a multi-national, Enterprise communications network. Working with a small team of Engineers you would be an integral member responsible across a variety of disciplines.
If you think you are the right person to help us with this, we warmly invite you to apply for the job.
- Manage network performance to maintain high quality data transmission service on the network to include LAN/MAN/WAN within the enterprise architecture, configuration and policy management.
- Manage the implementation of Enterprise Infrastructure projects such as data center moves and builds, firewall upgrades, IP address management, DMZ design, and within the responsibility of the Enterprise Network to published standards and known best practices.
- Design, test, and implement enterprise solutions to improve network performance, capacity, and availability.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to network team members.
- Provide technical support.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity.
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity of installed base.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Prepares detailed requirements for selected activities (i.e., data management, configuration management, program management, etc.).
- Complies with recommended hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Assist in informal training in implementing software programs based on requirements.
- After hours work and occasional travel required with 24*7 operations in future.
- Information technology or related field.
- Experience / Skills:
- High level understanding of the IP technologies, protocols and network topology;
- Good understanding of the Network operations processes & functions;
- 5-6 yrs. of experience in IP Core Network Operations with service provider;
- Good communication skills;
- Cisco Certification to the level of CCNP;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering program or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Familiar with Cisco routers, Switches, DNS, AAA, Firewalls, DHCP etc. Knowledge of relevant Cisco products, including:
- Cisco Catalyst series switches.
- Cisco VPN/QoS/IPS/IDS
- Cisco ASR/ISR routers
- Load balancers
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment;
- English required;
- Czech a plus.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
The level of remuneration will be determined based on the candidate’s seniority level, expectations and the company’s salary ranges.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.