The Video Switcher Operator supports a variety of TV studio productions - including LIVE broadcasts. The switcher operator is fast, reactive, works well under pressure, and has a solid knowledge of regional current affairs. The switcher operator follows the directions of the Control Room director and show producers, and works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure programs are produced at the highest possible standard. They are also able to multitask - working across various roles within the TV studio control room. The position involves shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24 hour broadcast schedule.
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program.
- Works closely with other studio operations staff to ensure high quality images and audio.
- Sets up lighting and cameras for studio productions.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and participates in solution.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a live television and radio control room and digital editing.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 12 kilos.
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process.
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry and trends.
- Understanding of RFE/RL regional cultures, news and current affairs.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- English language (Advanced), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge), desired.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.