Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the IT Business Applications Manager interacts with internal customers and technical teams, vendors, and partners to ensure continuous customer satisfaction related to the use of business applications; The role directs the design and implementation of enterprise systems initiatives such as Enterprise Resource Planning systems and collaboration platforms and manages the timely completion of multiple, concurrent tasks for projects that involve innovative applications and complex system integration.
- Supervise the work of the staff in the section as well as other IT professionals involved in development projects.
- Manage business application vendors and their support of products in operation at RFE/RL.
- Provide leadership in the conceptualization, management and coordination of the design, implementation and maintenance of application systems, software packages, systems integration and business intelligence projects;
- Provide leadership for requirements gathering and analysis and determine business requirements and liaise with users on all aspects and during all phases of IT projects in the areas of software development and business integration;
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues involved in the automation activities not directly related to application systems;
- Manage and supervise activities of the section, perform tasks such as project management, budget planning, procurement, team meetings, training plans, performance appraisals, section updates, participation in job interviews,
- Report to steering committees and other levels of management; advising management on planned, future and existing application systems for the organization; prepare progress and problem analysis reports for management review purposes;
- Prepare evaluations of software development tools and methods; evaluating the continued effectiveness, suitability and performance of automated systems, technologies, and preparing reports on performance and functionality;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Participate in defining and resolving problems of system integration; research new developments in computer software technology; recommend the introduction of new technology appropriate to the organization’s automation needs and assist in preparing evaluations of software products and/or application packages;
- Support best practice related to IT security;
- Performing other duties as required.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Prince 2 or PMP certification is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, designing, development, implementation and maintenance of ERP systems is required. Experience at international level in software engineering, project management, database design or business intelligence. Demonstrable experience with ‘DevOps’ in a multi-stakeholder environment. Experienced defining migration strategies from a heterogeneous legacy technology environment to a predominantly Microsoft-based technology environment.
- Demonstrated ability to bring the developments of IT to effectively solve business issues while also managing costs and risks.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and operationally, set direction and manage within a results-based management framework.
- Technological awareness: Excellent conceptual knowledge of Information Architecture, Information Management and Software Development Agile Methodologies, broad knowledge of all aspects of system design, implementation and management of highly complex Application Systems. Familiarity with major Microsoft products such as SharePoint, .Net Framework, Visual Studio, SQL Server. Familiarity with a known Business Intelligence platform.
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of one of the commercially available ERP systems.
- Communication: Excellent drafting ability, strong negotiating and presentation skills to make for a trustworthy record keeping and information systems and to bring others to reach agreement on difficult issues.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Ability to identify clients' needs and propose appropriate solutions as well as establish and maintain effective work relationships with outside collaborators and other contacts
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of another RFE/RL language is desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.