Under the supervision of the Director, Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for providing effective and efficient IT support and services to staff in RFE/RL bureaus and remote locations. The Bureau IT Manager will directly manage the work of IT staff located throughout RFE’RL’s broadcast region. Scope of role: Develop an understanding of current and future needs for IT services and support in RFE/RL bureau locations. Develop plans and roadmaps designed to realize strategic and operational goals. Manage the work of bureau IT technicians to execute operational plans. Ensure bureau IT technicians and contractors adhere to RFE/RL policies and procedures. Promote RFE/RL IT security standards in bureaus and remote locations. Ensure IT services are delivered as agreed and that they are fit for purpose and meet the needs and expectations of staff.
- Supervise the day to day responsibilities of a team of IT staff and ensure they are effectively equipped to meet the current and future IT operational needs of RFE/RL.
- Develop plans for the deployment, maintenance and support of IT services and infrastructure within bureaus, with inputs from customers and the Director, Information Technology.
- Conduct skills assessments and develop training plans to ensure IT bureau staff can deliver services that meet the needs of customers.
- Ensure adherence to defined IT standards for bureau operations and the cost-effective standardization of infrastructure and applications.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to best-practice service management principles, standards, processes, policies, and service level agreements.
- Ensure goods and services are delivered to the field in a timely manner, as well as that goods and service procured in the field meet approved standards and processes.
- Coordinate with other technology departments and groups to improve coordination and integration between systems and avoid unnecessary duplication.
- Establish and manage relationships with 3rd party service providers to ensure customers of IT services are supported, where no on-site technician is available.
- Develop and maintain metrics to assess the effectiveness of bureau IT operations; ensure local IT staff provide the necessary input.
- Identify ways to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery and its support.
- Create a culture of operational excellence and continual improvement which can be effectively measured and demonstrated.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within his/her area of competence, as directed by the Director, Information Technology.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem resolution, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to occasionally travel to bureaus in RFE/RLs broadcast region
- Experience and knowledge of field operations and understanding of how IT can support and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of field operations
- Expertise implementing ITIL practices and processes for IT service delivery, operations and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to non-technical managers and staff members
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Experience managing teams of technical professionals
- Prior experience providing IT Support in a field-based organization
- Experience in managing projects and delivering to a remote user base
- Experience working with outsourced providers in delivering services based on service level agreements
- Proven experience building and successfully leading a team of IT specialists
- Proven ability to create a continuous improvement culture with measurable results
- Client & Result Orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Communication, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Accountability, Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Performance
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of a RFE/RL broadcast language is desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.