The Newsroom Systems Administrator is responsible for day-to-day activities relating to newsroom computer and multimedia production systems and related technologies and processes. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of servers and news gathering-related applications.
• Provide, monitor and maintain systems in support of newsroom and multimedia production processes in RFE/RL broadcasting headquarters, bureaus and field operations, ensuring their proper operation.
• Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of the defined policies and procedures.
• Contributes to business continuity plans and updates them periodically.
• Administers system and application security, including creating customer profiles and accounts.
• Assists with end-user training and support issues when required, providing 2nd and 3rd level support.
• Liaise with peers, technical and non-technical groups.
• Tracks issues and resolutions and well as change requests related to newsroom systems.
• Maintains system documentation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• General education (Secondary), mandatory
• Technical fields (Secondary), desirable
• Knowledge and experience administering an enterprise newsroom computer system.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and a strong desire to learn and grow.
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to think analytically and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Strong basic technical knowledge and skills relevant to server, desktop and laptop software and hardware.
• Knowledge of Microsoft server technologies and data security.
• Performing maintenance and updates of computer systems.
• Understands and meets customer needs.
• Initiative and motivation to achieve specific goals.
• Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems, desirable.
• Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, vendors and external partners.
• English language (Working Knowledge Oral & Written), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.