Broadcast Project Manager is responsible, under broad supervision, for handling the assigned projects. Works with projects team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of defined plans.
- Performs all project management aspects including documentation control functions for the department according to PRINCE2.
- Works closely with Broadcast Engineering and other Operations division and other departments to achieve successful project completion.
- Under broad guidance
,ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Under broad guidance, defines project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Reports and escalates issues to management as needed.
- Assists in performing risk management to minimize project risks.
- Coordinates staff and internal & external resources.
- Oversees all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Addresses customer satisfaction issues promptly with department management.
- Adheres to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Prepares status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Meets with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical educational background or equivalent on the job experience, preferably in the fields of computer science or broadcast engineering is a plus.
- Proven working experience in the relevant technical discipline (Engineering, IT, Business or Management) 3-5 years (Mandatory)
- Proven experience in Project Management at least 3 years (Mandatory)
- PRINCE2 (Projects In Controlled Environment) Practitioner certification is a plus
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Professional
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Czech language additionally is a plus
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.