RFE/RL is looking for a News Production Systems Manager. The position will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, and management of the news production system, including outputs to linear/broadcast production, radio, and digital platforms. This role involves working closely with news and operational teams to understand their requirements and ensure the seamless integration of technology solutions to enhance the news production process. The manager will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and optimization of these systems, as well as providing technical support and training to users. The primary NPS for RFE/RL is Dalet, and the company's graphics system is Vizrt.
- Collaborate with department management and news production teams to gather requirements and identify opportunities to improve and streamline the news production process through technological solutions.
- Design, implement, and manage news production systems, including linear/broadcast and digital platforms, ensuring seamless integration and optimal performance.
- Oversee the maintenance, troubleshooting, and optimization of news production systems, ensuring timely resolution of technical issues and minimal downtime.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including architectural diagrams, user guides, and technical specifications, to ensure the systems are up to date and understandable.
- Provide technical support and training to news production teams, ensuring users are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively utilize the systems.
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to procure, install, and configure hardware and software solutions, as well as managing ongoing relationships and support agreements.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures related to system security, access control, and data management, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations, and working with the IT Security team to maintain a secure network.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies, making recommendations for system enhancements and upgrades as needed.
- Work closely with IT, IT Security, Broadcast Engineering, and Digital platforms to ensure system compatibility, performance, and reliability.
- Manage department budgets, develop project plans and timelines, and oversee contractors and/or departmental staff as needed.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in the design, implementation, and management of news production systems, including broadcast and digital platforms.
- Proven experience working with news production teams, vendors, and suppliers.
- Experience in providing technical support and training to users.
- Experience managing department budgets, contractors, and/or staff.
- Strong understanding of news production workflows and technologies, including broadcast, radio, and digital platforms, as well as department management duties.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex, integrated systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Commitment to staying informed on industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with industry standards, regulations, and best practices related to system security, access control, and data management.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of additional languages from our coverage area is a plus.
- Czech great to have.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.