The Supervisor of Studio Operations oversees the day-to-day operations of the TV and Radio studios. It is their responsibility to ensure that staff meet operational standards, follow established workflows, and that any irregularities are addressed, and reported if necessary. The supervisor is responsible for the scheduling of operational staff in Riga television and Radio studios. The supervisor ensures that studios are properly staffed for the scheduled productions, and that the staff is fully trained.
- Oversees the daily staff and studio schedules and assigns duties to Broadcast Operations Staff.
- Prepares working schedules.
- Ensures high quality of radio and video studio recordings and live broadcasts and that established workflows in studio areas are followed.
- Performs various duties in the Control Room; acts as director, switcher operator or audio operator in the TV studio control room.
- Coordinates with Services and the Operations Center to ensure that broadcast schedules are up-to-date, and adjusted for seasonal changes.
- Documents and reports on irregularities and technical problems occurring during studio operations.
- Ensures remote inputs, troubleshoots quality related problems.
- Provide hands-on work intervention when needed
- Ensures that all health & safety, fire prevention and related regulations are known and followed by subordinates.
- Organizes and assesses the training and development of new and existing staff members.
- Supervises the distribution and inventory of company’s field audio and video equipment in cooperation with the Central Property Office and the camera department.
- Maintains a highly-developed knowledge of broadcast technologies, practices and trends.
- Researches new equipment and works to understand new developments.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts, engineering or technical.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in a live production and radio broadcasting.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to remain calm and act efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies, equipment and workflows.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports).
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve technical and operational problems.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs).
- Ability to Operate video, audio and lighting equipment for live or studio/remote location shoots.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production processes.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry technology and trends.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Russian Language, Mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.